Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chinese Lanterns

This 36" X 36" piece is titled Chinese Lanterns and created using a variation of the traditional log cabin block. Although I don't usually work within traditional boundaries I entered the Keepsake Quilting challenge this spring and the log cabin block was required. I was given 6 fabrics and had to use at least 4 plus add up to 2 fabrics of my own. The colorful fabrics are from the shop and the brown/black background is from my "discharge" collection. I embellished the background with some gold stenciling and stamping (I couldn't resist!). I didn't earn any recognition from Keepsake Quilting but I had fun stretching my imagination to create a traditional wall hanging with the log cabin block! Chinese Lanterns will be available for sale at Keepsake Quilting in Meredith, New Hampshire June through September. www.keepsakequilting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment