Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

While chopping celery one day I couldn't help but notice how cool the celery "end piece" looked. It had all the makings of an interesting stamp. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the project for a few days and the celery shrank a little but I ventured forth and to my surprise the print reminded me of a rose! What do you think?

It does look a little sad...

I applied some fabric ink to the celery

Apply firm pressure

A rose is a rose...

A garden of celery or a garden of roses?!

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I'm belatedly catching up with your blog today, and I love what you have to say about celery! I had the same reaction when I saw what the bottom of the celery looked like after I cut off the stalks. I made a quilt I call "Celery Rose," with a trapunto celery on one side, and on the back side, a not-very-realistic paintstick version of a rose. I don't know how to attach a photo of that quilt to this posting, though.

    ReplyDelete