Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

More Dying and Painting on Fabric!

I know I said I wouldn't start any new projects until my design wall was cleared but a girls gotta let loose! Last weekend I couldn't resist experimenting with two controlled groups. One dye bath used ice cubes and one dye bath used the typical dye/water mixture - same colors. Although I enjoyed both results the ice cube dying causes the colors to intermingle in such an unusual way - almost like watercolors. I have to say it continues to be my favorite method! For the record I've almost cleared my design wall; there is one more piece to complete and then my conscience is clear!

Below are results from the ice cube dying! If you haven't tried it you
really need to give it a go...


No comments:

Post a Comment