Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Leaf Study

I'm truly focused on the fall with 2 upcoming solo shows; Norfolk Artisans Guild for the months of September and October and at the Kent Memorial Library during the months of November and December. I also have an opportunity to be a vendor at the Village Square Quilters November 10th & 11th! I plan to sell my stash of fabric including the ice dyed, confetti dyed and hand painted and embellished fabrics.

I've been getting up at 5:30 am to have 3 or 4 hours in the studio before I get to my desk at 9:00... I'm totally driven to be ready and "get it right"!  

I completed "Leaf Study" yesterday.

The piece is primarily silk with one piece of loosely woven linen. I made a stamp of ginkgo leaves which was used on the green strip.

The leaves were felted using wool roving.

The silk was quilted to add texture with random french knots added for interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment