Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Framed Fiber Art

I just got two pieces of my felted art work back from the framer. I'm always thrilled to see how the act of framing changes the feel of a fiber piece. I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the framing department in JoAnn's stores. The below two pieces will be displayed at an upcoming solo exhibit at the Kent Memorial Library this November and December.

Basket of Poesies

Basket of Poesies was created by felting wool roving.
I added machine quilting and embroidery for added interest.

Felted Fall

Felted Fall has a number of fabrics and fibers included.
The leaf was created by felting wool roving, the leaf is attached to a piece of silk
and the background is on textured linen.
The mat is also textured tying the elements together.

No comments:

Post a Comment