Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Seasons

This is my second attempt to create a piece focusing on Connecticut's four seasons. The first is destined to become a UFO! I was just not "feelin' it" after completing the top. Sometimes when you try too hard the design process gets frozen and doesn't go anywhere.

For my second attempt I drew a sketch of geometric shapes. My thought was to create seasonal "chunks". I used only fabrics I created including the background piece. It was fun to create with no forced tension so the design flowed easily.
 
Below is the final piece:

Seasons
3' X 3'

Seasons - detail

2 comments:

  1. Love it!

    ps...I'm working with mixed results on 'Emotions' ;^\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane!

      Mixed emotions sounds like a working title to me! I can't wait to see your interpretation!

      Delete