Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Under The Sea Fabric Series

I continue to have images of being under the sea and imaging what the environment looks like! I imagine the sand, current, reflection of light and the creatures swimming about. I created two one yard pieces today using Setacolor fabric paints.

I started with PFD cotton and kept it dry rather than the typical misting before painting. I kept the underwater images in my mind and painted what I was thinking about. Once dry I heat set the paint. Next I painted a wash of blue and turquoise over the entire piece. I added a little salt here and there to get the paint moving and creased the fabric in places.

In my mind I was scuba diving along the bottom of the ocean!

Detail of rock cropping

The current was getting a little strong in this piece!

Detail of ocean floor

2 comments:

  1. Hello, We have browsed most of one's posts. This post is where I managed to get the most valuable information for my own research. Thanks regarding posting, maybe we can easily see more about this. Are you conscious of any other websites about this subject.
    Regards: chiffon

    ReplyDelete