Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Snow Dyeing!

The sense of urgency to get out and snow dye before it melts is calming down! I now realize it's only mid-winter and the snow will be here for a while! 

I love the results when dyeing with snow and can't seem to get enough of the snow-burst design. The "bursts" are created using recycled containers to prop up the fabric. Any container will do but the more unusual shape the better. I'm not sure what to do with the fabric but it's a whole lot of fun piling it up!




2 comments:

  1. Could you give more details about this process and how you got the sunburst in this fabric? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - I'd love to share the technique! If you click on "snow dyeing" in the left hand column under labels and then go to March 5th and 6th I have step by step instructions along with photos! Now you must promise to share your results with me!

      Delete