Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Friday, March 28, 2014

Confetti + Ice = New Technique Combo!

I had a piece of confetti dyed fabric I wanted to rework. I decided to over dye with ice and the results were a nice surprise! I like the way the lines and scattered color particles look under the more fluid feel of the ice dyeing. I had screened the leaves on before the ice and now I wish I hadn't done so... but... I have some new thermofax leaf screens to try so perhaps this is the opportunity! Time to implement my motto of if you don't like something keep working it until you're satisfied! 

The base is the confetti technique which creates the vertical lines
and scattered appearance

The ice dyeing gives the fluid washed look blending the colors more.
The leaves are created using freezer paper and screened onto the fabric. 


1 comment:

  1. This piece looks as though there are leaves falling in front of a forested backdrop. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete