Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thermofax Screen + Ice Dyeing!

I finished the covered bridge piece. I'm going to create a series of prints using the bridge titled the "Wedding Series" . I know it's not the most dramatic title but it describes it accurately

I showed a few photos in yesterdays post on how I started the design. Below is a recap for you:
Terri Stegmiller made the thermofax screen from Hannah's wedding invitation design.

I applied fabric paint from Speedball.

I continued the design across the surface of the fabric. I let the paint cure for about 12 hours and then heat set using a dry iron. 

The final step was to ice dye the fabric. The goal was to use summer colors to represent the area where Hannah and Connor will be married. 

2 comments:

  1. The design looks so good on that fabric you dyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri - you made the fun possible with your custom thermofax screen options!

      Delete