Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sun Printing to Celebrate a Sunny Day!

For sun printing you need the lovely combination of a nice sunny day along with little or no breeze. This weekend delivered both so I headed to my outdoor work space with my clippers! 

I saved trimming the cherry tree for this occasion 
and here are the cuttings immortalized in paint!
The colors are primarily pink, pernod and moss green.

The shape and texture of the leaves allow them to lay fairly flat without much fuss.

4 comments:

  1. I can see that you do like pink. These look more like a batik than sun printing. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norma! I'm glad I got outside yesterday... it's a wash out today!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! This weekend was the first time it's felt like summer here in CT! I'm ready for the gardens to give us a burst of color!

      Delete