Carol R. Eaton Designs

Carol R. Eaton Designs

FABRIC FOR SALE: click on pages below!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Come Walk with Me!

I just finished this piece titled, Come Walk with Me. I was thinking about my childhood... what was important to my foundation as a person - people, places, and things. I grew up with a strong sense of family and parents who let my creative side run wild. I was also blessed with a Grandmother (Nana) who provided unconditional love - I still smile when I think of her. 
The overall size is 41" X 31". 

The base starts with a traditional Grandmother's Garden pattern. I used the raw edge technique rather than piecing - I know the limits of my patience! I was trying to figure out if the trees should float off the edges to liven it up a bit.
I played with the trees for a while but realized the Grandmother's Garden pattern didn't stand out... I wanted my Grandmother's memory to jump out the same way her personality jumped out. I took a deep breath and started clipping the edges. 

There's no turning back now - the piece is already quilted! 
I added some sparkly white paint here and there to give the snowy background more character.  

I think clipping the edges was the right thing to do. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and jump in... my Grandmother taught me that!  

~ All fabric created by artist ~

1 comment: